Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Perhaps Adjusted...
I think I am finally transitioned from summer to fall. Isnt that sad? Just took me about 2 months! Our life is so interesting (and great)! But it is hard for me coming from summer mission projects to campus ministry. During the summer, I am in the midst of it all, with the girls, with Adam, with students, with staff, traveling in the car... theres a lot of "togetherness" and I love that! Then ministry gets going on campus and Adam is gone a lot, and I struggle to find a way to fit in. Not that I dont feel included but the reality of babies and preschoolers keeps me needed at home (and they are needy!). So then theres lots of heart struggle as I try to blend all of it. How do I do ministry with college students with crying and question asking little ones? It's harder then you think. Adam is great and so willing to trade places once in awhile, but he is also learning a new role as a director and he is dealing with neediness too. Its a demanding season. But God has been good in encouraging me! And this blog has been good at encouraging my overall attitude each day. So, I havent "arrived" at anything really, but I do love my life, I love my kids and its OK for me to be mostly meeting their needs right now. Its an intense season but it only comes once and so I want to love it while its here. And I pray that God would use me when He can in the lives of college students being OK with the fact that it doesnt look like it used to. I got to pray with a student who was having a hard time at our monthly student leadership time yesterday. Might not seem super significant but I was grateful to be used nonetheless. And I just got to be help to my daughter who couldnt get doll clothes on her dollie, haha! I just want to be used by God and am learning to be OK that it sometimes means wiping baby bottoms. Nothing really matters unless its done with the right heart anyways!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ames,
You are used everyday for his purpose in loving your babies and your family so very much. I understand how you feel though. I guess it just takes longer to see the full effect. Your girls will love their Lord and marry godly men and serve the lord also. You are serving generations of love and goodness. It is such a hard job. Love ya Ames!
Jamie C.
I love you Amy! It was great to have lunch with you Wednesday. You minister to me by being my friend and giving me great advise!
Love love love you!
Jamie
Just had a great weekend with your great Mom-in-law and Tessa at Priest Lake. Just wanted to say Amy, you should write a book, you are an excellent writer:)
Post a Comment