Three things have made me want to return to blogging:
1000 Gifts, by Ann Voskamp. I have followed Ann's blog for about 4 years now. She has always inspired me to dig my toes in and be a good mama. Well, she wrote a book! I was so excited to get it and read it. It did not disappoint! She dares you to fully live right where you are. She shares her own life, the pain and all. Her friend "dared" her to write down 1000 things she was grateful for and in the process her life changed. God has given her a gift with words. This book has challenged me to give thanks much more than I naturally do. My blog helps me do that sometimes. It makes me think about my life and slows it down into words and pictures. It makes me reflect I guess.
The Resurrection! I just love Easter, such an awesome day. It gives hope, love, and joy. I could barely sing the songs at church because I was so overwhelmed by the love of Jesus. We worship a living God! I was thinking about all that yesterday of course, and you know, resurrection can happen all the time in our own lives. God is always taking the hard, the sad, the ugly and making something beautiful out of it. So thats worth blogging about.
My Kids. I love my girls. I love them so much. I can just stare at them (and Im glad they are little enough for me to get away with it) and just think, "you are the most amazing, cutest, lovliest thing in the world!" So my kids are worth blogging about. I love going back and showing Rosie pictures or remembering and event, or a day or whatever.
So thats why I want to blog again. God has given me an awesome life, not a perfect one, but awesome to me. Its worth writing about :)
4 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you want to blog again!! You're the second person I've heard rave about that book - I need to check it out. =)
I apprehensively checked your blog this morning and I'm pleasantly surprised. You've returned. KEEP IT UP. Lovingly, Your sister
Yes Amy - keep blogging! I know it's just one more task sometimes, but you really do share your joys (and frustrations sometimes) in a fascinating way. It's one more way to get to know the person you have grown to be. Thank you for sharing. Love, Elk Mama
Thanks Ames-love it!
Jamie C.
Post a Comment