Saturday, July 28, 2007

We're Back!

Hello! We made it back home this week and it's so nice to finally be home again! The adventures of traveling with an infant are very much ready to come to a close. You have to hand it to our Roslyn, she is an amazing baby traveler. My biggest fear was making the long trip home from East Asia alone (Adam took the team to S.Korea for the last part of the project). But God gave me wonderful Taiwanese ladies to sit by who held and played with Rosie all the way back to America.
The people of East Asia absolutly LOVED Rosie... they loved her blue eyes, her chubbiness and her white skin. Everywhere we went she was admired :) We wonder how many screen savers/cell phone backgrounds are pictures of our baby in East Asia as people took pictures of her everywhere we went. For example: We were walking across campus and students were taking their graduation pictures. "Oh! Cute!" "Ok to take picture?" And Rosie and I were suddenly posing w/ the graduates for their graduation photo!! We once had a group of 30 or more people surrounding us looking at and taking pictures of Rosie. I should post that on a blog sometime, we got video of it.
I am so weary of packing and unpacking and packing and unpacking. Rosie was on 10 different flights in the last 2 months! I think we're ready to stay put for awhile! Here are some pictures of our travels this summer.
Our first plane ride.

Rosebud and I in the rain (Rosie LIVED in her Ergo)

Adam and Rosie in the streets of EA

Hanging out at Gina's appt. (a great refuge! She would make me coffee every time we came to visit!)

A crowd gathered to view our little movie star

3 comments:

Gina said...

amy! great re-cap post :) so glad you're back blogging. I love to read your blog. Love, gina

Amy... said...

How funny about Rosie! I understand, though...she's so cute!

I'm glad you're home and hopefully back to blogging:)

love, AR

Anonymous said...

Glad you're safely home! I'm happy that I can start checking your blog again. =) That last picture is a hoot!!!