
I have read this book a few times and it challenges me every time. It reminds me that God doesnt fit into the box that I sometimes put Him in, but He is so much more than I can even fathom. Great book! Great to read for your quiet times as the chapters are pretty short. It runs through the different attributes of God. Here is an excerpt from the chapter on His Goodness.
Now someone who in spite of his past sins honestly wants to become reconciled to God may cautiously in inquire, "If I come to God, how will He act toward me? What kind of disposition has He? What will I find Him to be like?" The answer is that He will be found to be exactly like Jesus... By our attitudes we may determine our reception by Him. Though the kindness of God is an infinite, overflowing fountain of cordiality, God will not force His attention upon us. If we would be welcomed as the Prodigal was, we must come as the Prodigal came; and when we so come, even though the Pharisees and the legalists sulk without, there will be a feast of welcome within, and music and dancing as the Father takes His child again to His heart.
By A.W. Tozer
No comments:
Post a Comment