I dont know why I havent blogged about my other passion in life, outside of my family, but I want to share it now. As most of you know, Adam and I are in full time ministry, ministering to college students. I get so excited when I think of how pivital college is, literally the decisions you make in college, change your life. So we get to serve this community to influence for Christ, students (prayerfully) will step out of college, into the world with a heart for others and tools to make disciples. SO COOL!
The picture is of my girls, all seniors whom I have worked w/ the last 4 years. They have come such a long way from their freshmen year! This was taken at our Fall retreat. The stories of each of these gals just amazes me. They truly are Christ followers and are making an impact here and in the world. From left to right, Kirsten is a senior and is graduating this winter. She was challenged to stay one more semester to continue ministering to the girls in her bible study. She has chosen to stay, leaving behind the comforts of living at home for free and finding a well paying job. Then comes me and next to me is Breon. Breon has also been challenged to stick around for another semester despite graduating and going in December. She leads a bible study in the least popular dorm on campus. Her girls love her and are learning to walk w/ Christ because of Breon's faithfulness. Next comes Grace. She has answered God's call (graduated last spring) and is currently in Sudan ministering to young boys in an orphanage. She just left last week! I love to challenge the women I work with to take the year after they graduate and give it fully to God, following Him anywhere that He would ask. Next comes Heidi who graduated a year ago and is applying for medical school. She still comes to my bible study and I get excited about the difference she'll make for Christ in the medical world. Jessica, Alex and Deanna are not pictured but their stories are so neat. What an honor to work with these gals! I love them and will miss them so when they leave.
3 comments:
thats so cool amy!!
gina
Ah, how cool! It's fun that I recogonize most of those faces and names! ;)
That is so neat that you are working with college students! How I would have loved to have someone like you to look up to when I was in college! I bet they just adore you.
Post a Comment