Wednesday, March 19, 2008

First Trip Away

My friend Chris,an old college roommate, had a surprise 30th birthday party. I didnt plan on going as it was far away and such a long drive. BUT I soon found out that my other college roommate was going to go and so we made a road trip of it. I was able to stay at Karri's house and get to know her new husband better. They are such a GREAT couple!!! They live in a cool part of Seattle and I totally enjoyed walking around the neighborhood, drinking GOOD coffee. I also got to meet up with my friend Molly and had a good visit over sparkling cider and jellybellies. The surprise party was a hit and it felt so good to reconnect with my friends. It was my first trip away from Rosie, and I didnt even miss her, not even once (it was just a 2 day trip though!). It made me think, why dont I do this more often?! Here are some pictures of my adventure.

Karri and I drinking our wonderful latte's


Karri in her kitchen (their place was so cool)


Molly and I outside her ADORABLE apartment


Taneka, me and Chris posed w/ an acquaintance from college, Shannon


Just a cool shot of Seattle

5 comments:

emme said...

hey amy,
wow, your pictures make me miss seattle, and you and karri of course too! you both look so great. i'm glad you got to have a fun trip seeing friends!
emme

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Oh I miss Taneka!!! Tell me more about seeing her? E-mail.

Taneka e-mail me if you read this blog...jfitzmorris@yahoo.com

Jamie C.

Anonymous said...

amy that looks so fun! I'll have to call and hear all about it! good job taking some time for you. Miss you!
jamie t

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got a little trip away! That is soooooo great! It's fun to take the mommy hat off for just a few days and really get to enjoy friends and adult time. =)

Yeah for husbands who are willing to manage the home front while mommies get a little well-deserved break! =)

the Saling in Seattle said...

Amy, It was great to see you! Even though it was so darn short. ;) We may need a phone date again soon. It sounds like the party was great!