Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Good Manners

Ok, I am so impressed by my friend that I had to blog about it. My friend, Krista, borrowed a sling (Ergo) of mine for her little boy who had broken his foot. He is a big little boy and heavy to carry all the time so I lent her our Ergo (every parent should own one of these, some of our supporters helped us buy it when Rosie was born.) Unfortunately, she shut the car door on one of the plastic buckles and it broke.

She COULD HAVE called me at that point and asked me, "What would you like me to do?" which puts me in an awkward position. Do I say: Could you replace the part please? Of course that makes sense but it makes you feel bad for asking. Or what I would end up saying would be "Oh thats ok, I'll figure out what to do." Which would make me mad but I wouldn't say anything.

She also COULD HAVE said, "I would like to replace the part and pay for it, how could I go about that?" Which again, puts me in an awkward position of doing all the research and phone calling, only to have to call her back and say "It costs this much." If the amount is so little, you feel foolish for making them pay and in the end, I would have done all the labor.

This is what she DID DO. Before even calling me, she had called the company, explained what happened and asked if they could send her the part. Then when we were talking on the phone, she explained to me what happened but was able to say, "here is what I have done about, I am so sorry." I was so impressed by how she handled it I could have cared less about the broken buckle! Today she had returned it on my doorstep complete with a bag of cookies!

Well done!

No comments: