Monday, September 08, 2008

Thoughts on a 22 month old



What a mix of total joy and total exasperation!

The exasperations:
hitting (have no idea where it came from)
can't communicate with words so well and so falls apart when I can interpret.
always wanting something (outside, pants off, terrorizing the dog)
naps have basically gone away this month! tell me they will return!
disciplining over and over.
picky on what she wears waist down (pants, shoes, socks)

The joys:
loves her mama and daddy
is so snuggly
loves it when we turn the music up loud and we all dance
is so excited with bugs and shrieks with joy when she sees them
says a new word every week
eats about anything we put in front of her!
so expressive in her expressions (we laugh everyday with her faces)

SO this makes parenting up and down and up and down and up and down all day long!
I am ever so grateful for my Roslyn Kate, exhausting as it is, there is no one like my baby girl.

4 comments:

Adam and Anne said...

Hey Amy! I was just scrolling through your blog. My two cents....
I think Rosie IS preparing for an Olympic diving career, and that's why she's surrendered her pants. She's getting herself used to being in the public eye in only a swimsuit.

Hope y'all are doing well.

Thoughts and prayers...Anne

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy
you have some funny ups and downs--especially the not wearing pants thing, I wonder what she's thinking.
It's neat to hear how she is growing and changing being that she and Ryan are only a week apart.
Ryan is totally a girly-gilr. Loves shoes, hats and purses--go figure.
hope you are enjoying your time back from Alaska.
-melinda

the Saling in Seattle said...

Hi Amy!
Oh Rosie...she is still so young...that no pants is cool?!?? Maybe???? Skirts? Skorts? As it gets colder super cool tights (fun patterns like stripes and ladybugs) with shorts? It's weird, she is becoming her own little person!

Can i call you as I walk to work next week?

Anonymous said...

Fun post. =) That being- picky- about- what- she- wears- down- below thing is so odd! It's funny but I can see how it would be verrrrry frustrating for Mom!

What a BLESSING that she'll eat anything!!! Oh my word, that seems like a rarity in a child.

SHE LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE YOU!!!!!!