Monday, September 01, 2008

Rosie's First Camping Trip

We went camping for the first time with Rosie and it was so much fun! It was cool to experience things through Rosie. There were many firsts for her: big frogs, nasty crawdads that were scary but intriguing, green and black caterpillars, ride in the canoe, sleeping in a tent (she did amazingly well)and sitting around the campfire. We went to this beautiful lake and went with friends of ours. Their little girl turned two and so we celebrated camping style. I wish summer wasn't over so that we could go again!
Family Photo (isnt this place beautiful!?)
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5241166350121560914" />

Throwing rocks with her best friend.


Sittin' by the fire.


Making breakfast with Mama


Playing in the canoe.


(You may notice Rosie never has pants on. She refuses to wear them! I go back and forth from not caring to being annoyed. Any advice?)

6 comments:

Amy... said...

Gosh, Amy...that looks so fun and beautiful! I bet you'll always remember that trip...so special!

As for the pants, I'd totally forget about it and maybe even laugh about it:) Looks like she likes skirts so maybe just throw one on her before going out. I bet ya she's just asserting her independence. I guess it is kind of like holding their own spoon, putting on their own shoes, etc.

Hope all is well, Amy!

Anonymous said...

That looked fun and beautiful. Sometime we should all go camping. Jenna loves it too. I miss you guys.

Jody

Gina said...

that is so cute that she won't wear pants. i love kiddy quirks!! :)
what a pretty place you went to. that first photo looks like its fake!! sooo pretty. love, gina

Matt said...

Rosie, don't let the establishment tell you what to do...stick it to the man...no pants, woohoo!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family in a beautiful setting!! Who cares about the pants, as long as she'll wear her dress for her aunt's wedding! Maybe a little peer pressure from the cousins will help. Signed, Granny

emme said...

looks like a beautiful place. i'm not even going to show these pics to miles or he will start packing his bags and make me move back to the NW. rosie looks adorable!