Saturday, March 28, 2009

What?!

Last night was a bad sleeping night, for all of us. I knew it was coming cause Rosie has been an A++ sleeper for awhile and it was too good to be true. This was the low down:

Amy goes to sleep, 10:30, tired and probably getting a cold.
1:00am, Rosie wakes up crying for Mama.
I push Adam out of bed :) and he tries to console her but she wants mama. (She's totally into mama right now).
Adam brings her to bed and she snuggles down in between us and really tries to go to sleep.
Tossing and turning is happening with all 3 of us and Rosie has taken over my pillow.
1:20am, Rosie wants water. Adam goes to find it. She drinks and lays back down.
2:00am, Still awake. "Rosie, you are going to go night night in Rosie's bed." --Mama
I take her to her room, rock her for awhile, she snuggles into her bed and quiet takes over all of us. I fall asleep back in our bed.
2:20am "Mama! Mama" and crying follows. Sighing heavily I go to get her and bring her back to our bed.
2:45am, Rosie is thirsty again and spills her water all down the front of her. Mama REALLY sighs heavily and we go to get a new diaper on and new pj's. Rosie doesnt like the PJ's I picked out and she picks out her purple pair instead. Are we really having this conversation in the middle of the night?!
Rosie sprints back to our bed and Adam scoops her up and she snuggles down again.
3:30 STILL tossing and turning!
4:00am Rosie finally falls asleep, so now the mama can too.

What a night! We had previous plans this morning so everyone had to get out of bed at 8am, though I was awake at 6;30am... couldnt sleep. What a nightmare!! We better not have a repeat tonight.

3 comments:

Gina said...

terrible! I don't know how parents survive the next day after those types of nights. Ah! hope she does better for you tonight :) love, gina
ps, arent kids so funny?

Anonymous said...

Amy and Adam - I just don't understand it. You must be parenting all wrong....just kidding. You are wonderful parents and Rosie is lucky to be in your care. Trust me, it's all worth it. Love,Mom/Granny

susan said...

Oh that's just wretched. Blech!!! I REALLY hope that was just a fluke of a night!