Friday, January 22, 2010

4 Weeks to Go


I can hardly believe it's only 4 more weeks till this baby girl makes her appearance! Strange how a pregnancy can go so slowly in the beginning and so fast towards the end. I am ready, finally. I have had most of my friends go before me when it comes to having babies (and then more babies) and so I have listened in apprehension as they have told me how difficult two can be. Ive been thinking a lot about my personality and how limited I am in so many things, things that would be helpful as a mama especially. So I was stuck there for quite a few months and had a little break-thru this past week. Part of the break-thru is due to feeling done w/ being pregnant and ready to have my body back, so that I can pick up Rosie when she wants and dance with her and do handstands (and also to be able to turn over in bed in one swoop instead of 3 labored steps). But more so, is God in His kindness speaking His promises over me through His word. The fact is, I will never be enough, but God through me? Ah, that will be enough. I am learning its not so much about crying out for His strength and waiting for it to magically appear and take hold (not that He couldnt do that). But it really has to do with the attitude of my heart. I read this quote the other day about thankfulness and how when we speak to God by the "ascent of thanksgiving...our whole life is thereby drawn underneath the light of His countenance, and is filled w/ a gladness, serenity, and peace which only thankful hearts can know." So true! When I am living in frustration, guilt, tiredness, zero patience, I am muttering anything but thankfulness and there I stay stuck. But when I am grateful, even when it's hard; gladness, serenity and peace are present.
So anyways, I am sure I am not "ready" for life with 2 kids but isnt that motherhood? You cant prepare for it. You are placed into it and cling to Jesus as you go :) But I am ready in the sense of "bring it on!" and in the sense of wonder in wanting to meet this little being that God has been knitting together all these months.

6 comments:

susan said...

I love your post. Such a great reminder to live in thankfulness!!!

And Amy, it will be so GREAT!!!! Hard at first sure, but SOO wonderful - especially when you see those little sisters loving each other - since you know yourself what a GIFT a sister is!!! =) I'm excited for you four!! Great adventures ahead!!

the Saling in Seattle said...

:) Thanks for being real and raw Amy. I love you.

Jamie T. said...

aw ames. You can be my wise mama and let me know how it goes. I sure hope it goes faster at the end of the pregnancy. miss you. You are a great mama.

Anonymous said...

love this picture and yes, it has gone quick! thanks for the quote, i needed to read that. miss you!

Anonymous said...

Amy,you are going to be great and little Rosie will want to help out so much, just tell her,"diap and a wipe!" See you soon!! love you!!
-Kelsie

Anonymous said...

Amy - you and your children are beautiful! You are so up to being the mother of two. Chris and I have been admiring all three of you in your picture! You're getting towards the finish line. Enjoy this last month - all these years later I miss the feeling of new life! Mom