Yes, I had the stomach bug. It was awful. I have never thrown up with such a big belly separating me from the toilet but I seemed to manage and never missed, all EIGHT episodes! I was so hopeful it was just something that didnt settle well and was going to be over after the first episode. Oh no, it repeated every hour throughout the night and into the morning. Rosie wet the bed minutes before the first episode and because she was embarrassed, she wouldnt let daddy help her get cleaned up. I was seeing stars and about to lose it but somehow managed to quickly get her into clean PJ's and threw her into bed with us and luckily made it to the bathroom in time. SHE slept through it all and by the morning time was very interested in why I didnt feel good and why I couldnt have our morning snuggle. "Mama feels sick." I said. "Why?" says Rosie. "Mama is going to puke." I reply. "I want to watch!" was her response. "It might seem a little scary sweetheart." "I wont be scared." Shortly after this conversation on the couch, the mean bug decided to strike again, though there was absolutely NOTHING left w/in me. I sprinted up the stairs, despite my large, faint feeling, self. Rosie was close on my heels. "Wait for me Mama!" I make it to the toilet and she so curiously watches the whole thing. "Whats that Mama?" "Puke." I respond between pukes (I never have had a conversation while I was throwing up before). "Why are you making those noises?" She asks. I almost smile at this point because puking makes you sound like an animal, really.
Anyways, I am a survivor :) It spurred on a ton of contractions that slowly faded throughout the day (Praise God! Can you imagine giving birth after having the stomach flu?? 1. you are exhausted 2. your stomach muscles are exhausted 3. you are dehydrated. Oh! its too terrible to imagine!) Anyways, that was all on friday and I feel much better today :)
3 comments:
You poor thing. I am glad you are better! I can't wait to seeyour baby pics. Good luck Amy. Having 2 girls will be so fun. I love it!
Jamie C.
Oh Amy I feel for you!! =( The stomach flue is THE PITS!! It hit us twice last Fall. Just the pits. And being so pregnant at the same time - poor you - blech!! =(
Sooo glad you're feeling better!
AMY! I think it's so funny that Roise wanted to watch! :) I love that little one!
Post a Comment