It's Saturday! Which means, Adam is here all day :) I just survived my first week "alone" as he was back on campus and I was, for the first time, mom of 2 all day long. It was a little overwhelming and I melted down several times, felt guilty cause all we did was stay home, all day, every day, took little walks across the street, did lots of laundry, nursed, nursed, nursed, took Hazel to her 2 week appt. (she's almost 10 lbs!), read atleast 100 books with Rosie :) and ate a lot of food! My friend, Amber, arranged for 2 weeks of meals to be given to us through our friends and church family isnt that awesome?!? Thank you Amber!!! That has blessed us SO much!
Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has taken care of us in some form these last few weeks... whether it was a phone call, an email, a facebook message, a visit, a meal, a latte, presents... we have felt very, very loved. Thank you.
P.S. I'll post some more pictures soon!
2 comments:
Yeah, your first week!!! You did it! And it will just get easier and easier.
Pleeeeease try not to feel guilty for not getting out (though I understand - I was the same. =) This is SUCH a tiny little phase in the grand scheme of Rosie's life - she will never remember it. She will never think back: "I remember there were a few months after Hazel arrived where we didn't get to play outside much. And that has scarred me for the rest of my life."
Won't happen!
You just take it slow and figure out what works, and you will be a pro in no time!!! =)
Amy, just take one day at a time. Enjoy each moment with your little ones as it is over in a flash. They will both be in school before you know it and out from under your influence. I can't hardly remember my time with my daughter before she was influenced by the outside world. Cherish each moment with them all to yourself!
Post a Comment