Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mama Came :)


the girls with granny

Mom is driving home as I type this. She came for a quick visit and we loved it! It was fun to show her all the changes we have made to our little home and to have the girls get time with Granny. She brought with her, the famous Sourdough Starter. Ever since I can remember, we have had sourdough pancakes and they are amazing. No pancake compares. But they were something we only got to have when we were home visiting. Now I can make them here, though I am sure they wont taste the same :) Mom and Dad used to make them on the old wood-cooking stove when we were little and they would make them into bears or bunnies, and we would eat them one body part at a time. We loved it! So lets hope I keep this sourdough starter alive. I have hesitated to even attempt because we travel so much and its something you have to feed.... We will have someone living here this summer and so hopefully she'll keep it alive!
Anyways, thank you mom for coming and thank you for bringing our "tradition" with you.
I love you!

mom and i posing cheesy with the sourdough

2 comments:

Kelsie said...

awww!! I wish I was there! Looks like fun, good luck with the starter!!

ma said...

Thanks Amy - the pleasure was all mine. I love your home, your family and you - and the pizza you and Adam made! Don't worry about the sourdough starter - there's always more. Have a wonderful journey to Colorado! Elk Mama