Saturday, March 03, 2007

Fun on a Saturday Night



While Adam and I were at the grocery store, he dragged me into the drug area of the store. "I want ear candles" he said. "Really?" I replied. And so we bought 4 ear candles. Ever heard of them? I've included pictures for your curiosity. My sister and Adam's buddy had sworn by them. They said that they could see just "tons" of wax that had been "pulled" out of their ears. So like lemmings, we followed. Adam went first and I assisted. To our amazement there was a ton of wax that came out! On to the next ear... After Adam was done, I went... yes! lots of wax came out of my ears too!! Then we decided to jump online to see how they worked, we were fascinated. We ended up finding that we had blown 9 dollars on a hoax. We checked out this website
I even braved tasting the "ear wax." And we all know what ear wax tastes like.... but this stuff just tasted like burned candle wax. We were suckers but I guess we had fun doing it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious pics. =) I was tempted when I heard about this, but I'm glad to know the truth now!

Jamie said...

THAT IS SOOOOOOO DISGUSTING....yeah...I don't even know what else to say.

You tasted it? SICK.

Anonymous said...

OH jamie! you know you've tasted ear wax before!

Michelle said...

Ear wax is so disgusting!! I'm proud of you for admitting you taste it, Amy!