Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Meet Fran



For those of you who haven't met our first child, this is Fran. Fran comes from a humble background and in ways we feel like we rescued her! But, no, we paid money for her. I had never had a "small" dog before. I grew up with Labs and Retrievers, so at first I was prejudice against it. Adam grew up owning a couple pugs and so the more I saw, the more I liked. She is our ever loyal companion with a slight freak separation anxiety issue. She follows us everywhere, including the bathroom!? We don't quite know why she's like that but we love her anyways. She's accident proned and since bringing her home she has; broken her jaw bone, gotten stabbed in the eye with a pine needle and needed medicine to heal it, had an eyelash growing on the INSIDE of her eyelid and that had to be surgically removed, she ate 2 stones that she couldn't digest and they too had to be surgically removed (cut right into her belly!), randomly she got stung on the bottom of her paw and yelped forever, and she almost died the week we brought her home from some nasty bug in her system. I know I am missing others but it gives you an idea of our Fran drama. Praise the Lord my dad is a vet and all these issues were taken care of by him. He is the BEST veterinarian and I used to want to be just like him (until I found out how much school you had to go through) so now I want to be like him in other ways... but I'll talk about that another time. Just for the record, we don't treat her like a small dog. She isn't worn in a front pouch or groomed on a daily basis, we have made her tough and she goes camping and hiking and swimming with us. We love our Fran.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister has 2 pugs, she used to love them until she realized how much maintenance they require. She and her fiance bought them about two years ago, now they want to sell them...too bad, I don't think it was a good investment.

I wanted to be a vet too until I got involved with Crusade and decided I didn't want to study!

The slide show is easy, go to rockyou.com, make a slide show then post it to your blogger. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it!

~Michelle D.

Anonymous said...

I miss Fran! My days of babysitting were so great! Send her my love!

Jamie said...

Ummmm....you forgot the time that Fran got sloppily DRUNK! Yes...maybe that one you were keeping a secret!???