Sunday, May 06, 2007

Road Trip




Adam went on a 5 day men's retreat and for those who are moms, you know how long the days are when you are left alone! So I traveled down to see my sister and my good friend Jill and stayed with them for 5 days. SO MUCH FUN! We went to Kelsie's favorite coffee shop and rented old movies. My sister has the cutest apartment! We had my mom drive down for a birthday tea and we had fun putting it all together. There was a modge podge of tea plates and cups, bottles of tulips, a plate of cupcakes, candles and later a walk through her cute neighborhood. Rosie sat on Granny's lap and played with the wrapping paper. The day after I headed for Jill's house. She lives in a small logging town (pop. 800) and their 1930 house is adorable! She has an almost 3 yr. old and a 7 month old and there were times I felt like we were running a daycare. Three kiddos crying at once and Jill shouting, "Only ONE can cry at a time please!!" She made such good dinners for us and made me want to be more creative in the dinner department... but praise the Lord her house is just like mine! Toys thrown about, dishes undone... Not that she is always like that but how hard is it to maintain a clean house throughout the day! We decided why bother? Lets spend our time doing better things and at the end of the day worry about cleaning it up. I've decided I will continue to do so. It was a fun trip and though it is hard with a baby, I am so glad for her to see new sights, new faces and overall become flexible. Thank you Kelsie and Jill! (Adam had the camera, but here are picture of Kelsie's apartment and a picture of Kelsie!)

2 comments:

Gina said...

amy, what a great trip! how fun to see them! hey - rosie looks so young in that pictures with kelsie ! :) like a newborn again, she is so cute!! :) love, gina

Anonymous said...

thats cuz she was a newborn in that picture :) its an old picture.