Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Book Review "A Chance to Die"



(Susan, hope you don't mind me copying your book review blog idea)
A Chance to Die is about the life of Amy Charmichael, written by Elisabeth Elliot. This book has been sitting on our bookshelf for the past 3 years and was a gift from my beloved Katie. I finally read it! Though hard to get into, this book really challenged me in many ways. How I pray, how I live out my convictions, how I serve God as a "missionary," how I serve others.... really good stuff!
Amy was a missionary in India in the beginning of the 20th century. Her writings are very profound. I am glad I finally read this book, it was worth my time.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I just started a biography of her! not the exact same one. but so far its good... :) I want to read a lot this year, its such better use of time than just sitting there, or cleaning, or surfing the net. HAHA. love, gina

Anonymous said...

I loved this book!!!! =)