Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Up and Down

So this is Day 3 of no diapers and it's going ok. She peed her pants twice so far (its only 3pm) and pooped her pants too. This surprised me as she had just gone poop 10 minutes before in the toilet! It was so gross and messy that I took one look at that underwear and threw it away. I know thats wasteful but wouldnt I throw away my own underwear had I pooped in them? Of course! Though its likely this will be happening frequently so I need to figure out how to clean out nasty, messy, poopy underwear. So please tell me how to do that someone. (Mom, I know you are gasping in horror since we were in cloth diapers as babies, but I dont know what to do!)
Overall Im pretty proud of Rosie. She took her sweet time in being interested (she'll be 3 in November!) but she seems pretty committed :) Thats my advice to anyone out there thats potty training, let them do the leading.

3 comments:

Gina said...

good job rosie!!! :)
so, linc is interested in potty training, should i let him!?!

Jamie T said...

Rinse immediately with massive amounts of hot water in a sink you don't mind getting yucky. Been there. Although I have definitely thrown out my fair share too :) Rosie says the cutest stuff Amy! What a sweet heart.

Anonymous said...

Amy - Granny checking in on the poop-handling issue. My method was to rinse the undies/diapers in the cold water in the toilet, then let them soak if you need to in more cold water and detergent before you wash them (finally - this step should be in hot water). Second idea: buy undies that are a dark color. I think I prefer to answer recipe questions. Mom