
Just 3 weeks after Dave was diagnosed with lung cancer, he passed away and is experiencing life with God in a way none of us understand yet. Such tragedy and yet such peace knowing he didnt suffer long. He died on Saturday night, Lyla (adam's mama) and Diana (adam's sister) and Don (dave's brother) were by his side and watched him take his last breath. Adam had been up all night and all day with his dad at the hospital and had come home to take a quick nap and was on his way back to the hospital when his dad slipped away. I was worried that he would be upset that he wasnt with his dad but he had been praying and pleading with God all the way to the hospital that God would take his dad quickly... it was awful watching dave suffer for air and his body filling with fluid. Dave was able to have last moments with everyone dear to him and even got to hold and kiss his grandbabies. It is all sureal and seems like just yesterday that he was sitting at the head of the table, laughing and joking, or sitting in his recliner watching basketball with adam. We all almost still feel we will see him walk through the door in his charasmatic way and booming voice. So its a roller coaster of emotions over here, we all loved him very much and family was everything to him. He didnt feel the freedom to leave us until he had asked both adam and diana if they were able to let him go... his kids were his pride and joy and he voiced his sadness in the fact that he wouldnt see his grandbabies grow up... oh! I still cant believe its real.
Thankyou for praying for us and please continue to pray. The memorial is on Friday and it will make things feel final and that is sad. Because it all happened so fast please pray those moments when it will hit us like a wall, that Dave is gone. I praise God that it was Him who gave Dave such serenity and peace in those last 3 weeks... his brother said that at one moment, he looked like an angel in that hospital bed as he waited to be taken home.
Thank you Lord that you took him quickly, that he did not suffer long. Thank you that it is You that gives us peace, it helps us laugh in our tears. Thank you for loving us all and we know we will see Dave again.
9 comments:
love to you adam and amy!
I will miss him too!
I will miss him too!
Oh Amy, I'm SO SORRY!!! This was so fast. =( But I'm soooo thankful that he didn't suffer long, like you say. And most of all that you will see him again -for ETERNITY - Praise God. But I'm so sorry for the hole he leaves behind...
wow ames. What a reminder of how quickly life can change. I will be praying for you and the whole family this week. Love you! jamie t.
So sorry for your loss! Amy - this was such a sweet post!
Praying for you guys!
Jamie C.
What a great picture of Dave and Adam! He looks peaceful!
I miss David more than words can say. He was one of a kind. I have great memories from when He was growing up. David was a fast learner. He was a leader all the way. I'm so happy that he knew the Lord, One of the last things he said to me was " i'm going to heaven" I told him That we were both going and the first one would help the second one over. We shook hands and he kissed my head. God Bless all the people he left behind and may God give all of you his peace Davids Dad Duane Rapelje
Post a Comment