Wednesday, April 18, 2007
The Rain
It has been raining continuously all day, but I love it. I think that I have always loved the rain. When I hear it tapping on our roof it takes me back to when my sister and I were kids and spending our summers at "The Lake" (thats what we called it, as if there wasnt any other lake in the world). But there would be days when we would wake up and it would be falling on the tent... it's almost as if I am there right now. The moss and bug marks can be seen through the roof of the green tent as I lay in my blue sleeping bag, Kelsie's was orange. I would just lay there listening to the rain as mom got breakfast ready outside and I could hear the clanging of pots. We didnt want to get out into the damp cold and so we would juat lay there...until a daddy-long-leg crawled over us. Man, there were so many daddy long legs! We eventually would hop out IN our sleeping bags and sit at the picnic table under another green roof and looked out at the grey waters, hoping that it would clear up. Though swimming in The Lake while it was raining was always great too. The water always seemed warmer. So I just get all reflective when it rains and since it takes me back to such fun times, it can just keep raining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what a great post. i love how you write. what nices memories of the lake. I have great memories of the lake too as a kid, oh... lakes are so fun! we need to create good memories for our kids!!
I love how I just got a tin roof on my house and it sounds wonderful when it rains. You'r blog made me wish I was 8 years old again at the lake (: Yes, the water was always warmer when it rained. -Kelsie
Post a Comment