
My friend Susan did this on her blog and since I cannot think of a thing to write on my blog but want to, I am copying her. If you read this, I really want to know your answers, so comment them or blog about them :)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper 2. Real tree or artificial? Real,we can get them for free and I love the experience.
3. When do you put up the tree? A week or so after Thanksgiving
4. Do you like eggnog? Yes
5. What about Fruitcake? Yeah, not good. Dates just dont do it for me. Dates as in, the fruit.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh! The BEST present was when my older sister and mom put together a chest full of dress-up clothes they had bought at second hand stores. It had hats, "clampy" shoes (aka high heals), coats, purses... we played for YEARS with that stuff. BEST present of all times.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I LONG for one. One like we had growing up. It was wooden and sturdy. My sister and I would take Jesus on donkey rides all over the house. It was so fun to play with. I would like a nativity scene that my kids could play with too.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My father-in-law, he's got everything!
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, but we didnt do them this year :( We want to do the picture thing next year, I love those!
10. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's cornmeal rolls (to DIE for) and my aunt's and now my mom's recipe for Frozen Strawberry Dessert. It melts in your mouth and you can eat about a whole pan of it because it's the tastiest air you've ever eaten.
11. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored.
12. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night, God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman
13. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? I dream of staying home because we now have a baby and it just sounds fun to start our own traditions...but I would miss my family.... so maybe they'd come to us??
14. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Oh the big debate... Adam opened on Christmas Eve and we did Christmas morning. We end up compromising.
15. What is the one present you want most this year? A Rosie Calender. Adam made me one last year and I LOVED it!
16. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The busy-ness
17. What I love most about Christmas? Honestly, there is something magical about Christmas Eve. I LOVE a Christmas Eve service with candles and reading the story of Christ and singing Christmas songs. That service always makes me cry (a grateful sort of cry). And I LOVE it when it snows on Christmas :)
18. Angel or star on top of your tree? Angel, but currently it's a star ornament because we are on a life-long search for an angel.
2 comments:
I loved reading these and learned some fun facts about you ;) I love the dress up clothes idea. I want to copy it for Jenna.
i liked that! I wish I would have checked it out before Christmas! I have been so bad at keeping up with these!
Post a Comment