Two years ago today, we lost our good friend and teammate, Katie Rose Walsh. What a beautiful person she was (and is)! I was so thankful when Katie had finished raising support and joined us because I was the only gal on campus and felt just a wee bit overwhelmed w/ all of that! She was a breath of fresh air and we became fast friends. It seems as if everyone became fast friends with Katie. I mentioned that she was beautiful... she really was. Inside and out. Her heart for Jesus was amazing and I appreciated her walk with God and her passion for college students.
While we were in Croatia, encouraging some missionaries there, she got very sick and died quite suddenly due to a mean form of luekemia. She had no idea how sick she was, none of us did and so her life ended quite tragically. But she died doing what she loved. Sharing Christ and encouraging others.
We named our Rosie Kate in honor of our friend, Katie Rose. We cant wait to tell Rosie all about our wonderful friend, Katie and we cant wait to see her again in Heaven.
(Katie is pictured above during our first semester serving together in 2003. I am playing with her hair :))
2 comments:
What a sweet picture!
I'm jealous of your snuggler. Ours just hits us in the face when we try to get her to hug us.
Post a Comment