Thursday, April 01, 2010

One Month Old!


Hazel, 1 Month old

I cant believe its already been a month! It flies! Well, sorta. There was lots of healing, crying, trying to remember how infants tick, more crying and then more crying. I think Im done crying and Hazel is crying less too :) Though Rosie is increasing... I think she's done being a big sister. And dont call her that either! She doesnt like it, haha! Shes tired of her identity being "big sister." It's no longer exciting. She actually does great w/ Hazel, until Hazel cries and then she covers her ears and says, "Go upstairs!!" She'll get used to it I hope!
Hazel gained 3 lbs her first 3 weeks of life!!! And I really think she gained another lb last week too. She's my big girl :) And I promise you, she was smiling at 3 weeks, purposefully! She really does smile in return, especially in the morning when she first wakes up :) Oh, and thats another amazing thing. She has day and night figured out and really has since the beginning...amazing. She sleeps a 5-6 hour chunk every night! Rosie was totally NOT like that. So thats a blessing! What else? Shes more alert and tracks things and love to look at your face. She loves being held too which is sweet and killer on the back. Adam got me a massage for my b-day so Im gonna do it today! Woo hoo!
Anyways, just an update :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful one month picture! Only very good parents could nurture such a delightful baby. Congratulations on all four of you surviving that first chaotic month. Well done. Love, Granny

Anonymous said...

She is so cute!!! I can't believe how big she's getting!! Glad the crying is getting better! -Kelsie