Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ideas Please

Wondering if you guys might help me out. What sorts of meals did you feed your kiddo's when they were around 10 months old? I think we have the fruit and veggies down, but what else? We do cooked egg yolks, shredded cheese, yoghurt and cereal. What else?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I am wondering the same thing with my 9 month old. I fed Hudson baby food until at least a year, but Addie wants to feed herself and that is a challenge. Let me know what you find out.

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I went online after reading your blog and here are some idea's I found:
Here's a list of finger food favorites:
• O-shaped toasted oat cereal or other low-sugar cereal

• Lightly toasted bread or bagels (spread with vegetable puree for extra vitamins)

• Small chunks of banana or other very ripe peeled and pitted fruit, like mango, plum, pear, peach, cantaloupe, or seedless watermelon

• Small cubes of tofu

• Well-cooked pasta spirals, cut into pieces

• Very small chunks of cheese

• Chopped hard-boiled egg (after 12 months)

• Cut-up raisins, softened dried apricots, or stewed prunes

• Small pieces of well-cooked vegetables, like carrots, peas, zucchini, potato, or sweet potato

• Small well-cooked broccoli or cauliflower "trees"

• Pea-size pieces of cooked chicken or other soft meat

• Rice cakes or crackers broken into small pieces

Amy... said...

I would just start doing soft table foods...like what you are eating for meals--as long as it isn't like peanuts or something:) For instance, if you are having chicken noodle soup or something, pull out soft carrots, some chicken and a piece of noodle for her to try. I think feeding can become a lot easier at this point-and more fun!

Wendy said...

I agree w/Amy. You can try most anything as long as it is cut up small.

Amy said...

so its ok to give her things that are pretty flavorful? like spices and stuff? guess im a little chicken but im sure she'd be ok?

Gina said...

totally, the more flavor you give her and let her try early on, the less of a picky eater she'll be as a toddler!! (in theory!! HAHA). love, gina