Wow, I cant believe both girls are asleep. Tonight kinda paralleled this lightning/thunder/rain storm that just passed over us and now its just the gentle rain left overs. My head hurts. And I wish someone could share this carton of chocolate icecream Ive been nursing on this past week. Adam wont eat it cause it's "organic." Rosie was the worst listener of all times to the point where I thought, "I must be doing something seriously wrong, she's not turning out correctly." Threats just kept pushing their way out of my mouth... over and over and over and then I snapped and yelled as we headed out the door for a walk (I really thought she was going to break our dog's leg as she was pulling it and laughing at the same time.) and so I said, "Rosie stop. Rosie stop! Rosie stop!! ROSIE STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And my eyes just so happened to look up to our neighbor pretending not to look and hear across the street. I was kinda grabbing her arm too cause I feared for our dogs leg. So you can just imagine how pretty that looked w/ a baby strapped to my front in the front pack. I can just hear her thoughts now..."oh theres that stay-at-home mom, going crazy and yelling at her kids. Im so glad thats not my life." We had got home, Hazel was crying she was so tired, finally got Rosie into her PJ's and she was eating her night time snack when I hear the oh-so-familiar sound of a cup of milk spilling over and washing the table and floor in stickiness. Why? She had decided to wear mittens to eat her snack tonight and I didn't have the energy to say no. Looks like we both learned important lessons there. (Anyways, it was funny, as I was mopping up the mess, praising the Lord I didnt lose it that time and thinking, in a odd moment, "I wouldnt trade my life for anything, even if it its awful tonight." Funny how God interjects thoughts like that.) Rosie was sorry and as soon as it spilled said, "its ok! its just milk!" Repeating my words from last time but doing it in a "i gotta convince my mom before she loses it."
Anyways, I'm tired. Nights like these shouldnt be allowed when husbands are gone.
Thankfully, I still love my girls... and my husband (sorta.) Just kidding!
1 comment:
oh amy. this exact same scene plays out at my house on a regular basis. thanks for making me feel understood. You are a great mama. Love you!
Post a Comment